Author photo

By LuAnn Schindler

Fire, smoke damages Bobkitten Preschool

Cleanup underway in facility


December 1, 2022

Courtesy Photo

Smoke damage • A rafter of turkey art creations misses one of its flock, which was lost in a small fire, Nov. 21, in the BobKitten Preschool, located in the Orchard Community Center. Director Jillian Henn said donations are still being accepted and may be dropped off at the Village of Orchard office.

A sooty film of gray and black covers the walls of Orchard's BobKitten Preschool, a sharp contrast to the normal colorful artwork that decorates the space.

The smoke damage is the result of a late-evening fire that started - and was contained - in the classroom, located in the Orchard Community Center, Monday, Nov. 21.

Orchard Village Chairman Stephanie Cleveland said a passerby heard the alarm sounding at the school and reported it.

She was notified of a potential fire at approximately 10:38 p.m.

Orchard Volunteer Fire Department and Royal Fire Department responded to the scene after bein...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 12/04/2023 17:52