The Summerland Advocate-Messenger - Reliable, Trustworthy Reporting, Capturing The Heartbeat Of Our Community

By LuAnn Schindler
Publisher 

Orchard LB840 modification to be on fall general election ballot

 

September 1, 2022

LuAnn Schindler | SAM

Special meeting • Orchard Village Board of Trustees discuss a resolution to modify the village's LB840 plan in the upcoming November election, during an Aug. 24 meeting. Trustees approved the resolution, 4-0.

Orchard residents will determine if the village's current LB840 formula will be adjusted, following approval of a resolution, Aug. 24, by village board members.

Chairman Stephanie Cleveland addressed fellow trustees about reallocating the distribution of funds from the 1.5% sales tax on taxable sales within village limits.

The current plan allocates 50% for economic development, with the remaining half going into village coffers.

If voters approve the resolution, 25% would be earmarked for economic development, with the remaining 75% going into the village's general fund.

The plan, accordi...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021