The Summerland Advocate-Messenger - Reliable, Trustworthy Reporting, Capturing The Heartbeat Of Our Community

Ewing home burns, but no one was home

 

February 25, 2021

LuAnn Schindler

Total loss • A single wall remains standing after a house fire occured at 50733 Wellington Road, near Ewing, Saturday.

Ewing Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department was called to a structure fire, at 50733 Wellington Road, early Saturday afternoon.

The fire was reported at approximately 1:20 p.m., when a passerby noticed flames and smoke at the home of Alex and Kayla Spangler. The family was not home when the blaze started.

The property is owned by Monte and Ruth Williams.

Elkhorn Rural Public Power District was called to the scene, due to a power pole which was sparking.

Mutual aid was requested from Clearwater Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, at approximately 1:43 p.m.

The Spangler family lost all their...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021