The Summerland Advocate-Messenger - Reliable, Trustworthy Reporting, Capturing The Heartbeat Of Our Community

By LuAnn Schindler
Publisher 

Fire destroys Ewing home

Family not home when blaze started

 

February 18, 2021

Ewing Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department respond to a call at a residence on Wellington Road, Saturday afternoon. The Alex and Kayla Spangler family, who reside in the house, were not home when the blaze started.

Ewing Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department was called to a structure fire, on Wellington Road, early Saturday afternoon.

The fire was reported at approximately 1:20 p.m., when a passerby noticed flames and smoke at the home of Alex and Kayla Spangler. The family was not home when the blaze started.

Elkhorn Rural Public Power District was called to the scene, due to a power pole which was sparking.

Mutual aid was requested from Clearwater Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, at approximately 1:43 p.m.

The Spangler family lost all their belongings.

Monetary donations are being accepted. A Go...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021