The Summerland Advocate-Messenger - Reliable, Trustworthy Reporting, Capturing The Heartbeat Of Our Community

By Mark Mahoney
Journalist 

Shop fire ignites on election day

Voting not disrupted

 

November 12, 2020

Mark Mahoney

In flames • Orchard Fire Department members spray water on a fire in the village's mechanical shop, Nov. 3. Royal Fire Department assisted with the blaze. Fire Chief Duane Risinger said he is "almost certain" a welding spark was the cause of the fire.

The village of Orchard's shop building went up in flames Tuesday afternoon, Nov. 3.

Firefighters from Orchard and Royal responded to a call of a structure fire about 10 minutes before 4 p.m.

The shop building is located directly behind the structure where the village office is located at 230 Windom St.

Orchard Fire Chief Duane Risinger said the fire was "about two hose lengths away from the fire hall."

An incident command vehicle from the Neligh Volunteer Fire Department also responded to the scene. There were no injuries reported.

Risinger noted he was almost certain a welding spark was th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 11/12/2020 15:43