Blaze ravages Orchard residence
November 12, 2020
A Wednesday evening fire leaves an Orchard couple homeless after their residence, located at 405 E. 3rd Street, was destroyed.
Orchard Fire Chief Duane Risinger said the department received an emergency call for a structure fire, Nov. 4, around 11 p.m.
Royal Fire Department also responded.
The residents, Jim and Gladys Fink, were able to escape from the blaze.
Clearwater's rescue department also was on scene.
The Nebraska State Fire Marshal assisted at the scene.
Preliminary investigations indicate an electrical problem to be the likely culprit for igniting the fire, according to Risinger.
The house isn't salvageable.
A fund for the Finks has been established at the Bank of Orchard.
The couple has relocated to a residence in Orchard.
According to the Finks' grandson, Nate Schwager, furniture and food donations have been received and monetary donations are appreciated.